Wednesday 10 April 2019

The #100th

I have a few drafts on this blog. That means many, many times I try to let my thoughts out (or start this writing exercise), I stop.
But hi, today I wanted to let some thoughts going for a walk outside my brain.

I just knew the fact that every year, April 10th was the 100th day of the year (if you are using the Gregorian calendar, and it would be the 101st day on a leap year).

Isn't it fascinating? The fact that we already went through 2019 by 100 days?
I ain't talking about what you achieved so far, but how do you feel so far, instead.
Are you doing well? I hope so.
Despite the fact that today is the 100th day of the year, I hope everyone feels well enough inside themselves, every single day.

That's the thought number 1.

Earlier this year, in February, I read Bill and Melinda Gates' annual letter. It just opens my mind on how things are very different in everyone's head.
They talk about things that they didn't see will come, from their research, philanthropy. Every little thing that matter to someone somewhere. Every little thing that matter to them. Little things that eventually matter to us, too.

I think to myself, "I need more of this stuff. Enlightening stuff.".
I think some of us needs a different kind of fuel to be constantly learning about life.

Like, last year, my friend on campus gave me a gift. She gave it to me with a long note (which I love to read and keep because I think it's very personal). The gift was a book, it's R.J.'s Palacio's Wonder.
My feeling after reading that book was one warm feeling called "humbled".
If you read this, Annissa, thank you for the book and the feeling it left behind.

And by the 100th day, I also realized that not all life-guidance book fit in my preference.

Earlier this year in January I bought this book, The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F**k by Sarah Knights.
I find her style of writing is fun and appealing, but maybe some of the references she used in the book didn't really get me. Doesn't mean the book isn't great, it's just I didn't really feel relatable.

A disclaimer, I do need to keep myself from giving certain interest/time/money to some things/people. But I think I could use a different reference to feel enlightened.

So ya thought number 2 is to find the fuel that fits my preference, so I can constantly feel better.

On approaching the 100th day, I also have a thought about the relativity of the best time and best friends.
When is the best time?
Time is constantly moving. As I type a word on my keyboard, time is ticking as well.
Is the best time all the time?
I think, like when social media planner uses to arrange the content schedule, life has its best time as well.

And on those best time, come the best friends.
I do speak to some of my best friends about this. (Hi, Difa, Shenda, and Nurul whom I met lately!)

As we grow, we start to understand that probably, there are some best friends for the best times.
And there are best friends for eternity. Because with this type of best friends, all the time is the best one.

So yea, what we consider as the best times and best friends are relative.
Thought number 3.

The next thing has been inside my head for years. It's about how our society culture tend to grab us and trying to fit us the mold.
In this context, I am thinking about how some people are so easy to:
1) Make their own conclusion toward someone/something.
2) Tend to be triggered to explain the whole thing to defend themselves.

I am sure I might fall to one category of both some times, but then I decided to think this way:

So every time I am detecting the sign of a society on category one in someone, I think to myself, "Don't be the society on the category two, not everyone is worth your explanation.".

And if it's me start to have my own conclusions on things, I think to myself, "Keep it to yourself. You don't know the whole story. You knew nothing but the things that are already inside your head."

And that's I think, could save us from being an annoying person, and save ourselves to not react to another annoying person.
Simple life.

It's also kind of keep myself to feel ok with my self being deep or shallow or funny or critical in the time that I feel it's the right time.
For example, if someone didn't know how much I care about the environment, because most of the time they only see me sharing memes. It's okay, they don't get to know me 24/7, right?
Even I am kind of "leaving" myself for some hours to sleep. And the thing that I have to underline again is: "That's all they know, so they create such conclusions. Apparently, they feel the urge to let it out and you have to hear/read it. But my dear self, please do not explain if this person isn't worthy."

End of thoughts number four.

Apparently there some thoughts that want to stay in the brain, because I can't find the words to describe them.
And that's the end of my writing exercise this time.

Hope you're having a good day in this #100th day of 2019.
xx,
Avi



No comments:

Post a Comment